Associates Celebrate National Pizza Day
Celebrating National Pizza Day, MV Associates will enjoy a Domino’s Pizza luncheon on Friday, February 7.
Shout out to the Project Team of Thomas Scruggs (Sr. Project Manager), and pictured Dean Fairweather (Project Manager), Dave Hamilton (Superintendent), Junior Senior (Construction Associate) and Ben Shaffer (Assistant Project Manager) on the completion of the Domino’s Supply Center in West Columbia, SC.
Some fun facts on National Pizza Day from the National Calendar Day website include:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- 17% of all US Restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
What’s your favorite pizza topping?